Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Bday fun

Chuck and I had so much fun on his birthday. The kids and I made him breakfast in the morning, and gave him his gifts. The kids got him a workout armband for his I touch. And I framed him an antiqued replica of the constitution to hang in our home. He was so touched by my gift that he even got teary eyed! He loves the constitution and he really wants it to be a part of the culture in our home, to teach it's meaning to our children. It is so important to him that we have it in our home as a constant reminder of what our forefathers gave to us, and of our responsibility to fight for the rights that the constitution gives us. Anyway, I was so glad he liked my gift so much.

Then that afternoon he got to go out to lunch with one of his best friends and golfing with his brothers. He and I went on a date that night and we went to our favorite restaurant Blue Lemon. After that we went to see Robin Hood, and went and got ice cream. Then came home and ate ice cream and talked. It was really low key cause we don't have a lot of money this year, but it was so nice just to spend some time together. I love this man so much! I am really cherishing any time I get with him right now because he has been working such long hours to get his dissertation finished.
He rebelled, because it was his birthday, and wouldn't do his hair for our date! He is such a stinker.

3 comments:

Abbey Zmoos said...

That picture is so cute! You look so pretty!

Abbey Zmoos said...

That was Sarah!

Jamie said...

sounds like his birthday was great! kody's is coming up in the next few weeks. cute picture of you two!