Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy Anniversary!!


Yesterday was Chuck and I's 6th anniversary. It is crazy that we have been married so long. I know a lot of you veterens out there think that 6 years is nothing, but I am proud of us for making it this far. I have been crazy getting everything ready for his reunion, (which we had last week, I will post pic's tommorrow.) That we completely forgot our anniversary. I knew it was coming up, but it didn't register in my mind that it was the day after the reunion. Anyway we really didn't have anything planned so we went to dinner at La Vina, one of our favorite restaurants, and then we went to se "Get Smart." It was so funny and we loved it. Looking back on the past 6 years I have to be real, we have had some really hard times. The first couple years of our marriage were really hard, I think we fought almost everyday. We have had some really hard trials that we have been through together. It has been anything but perfect. But as I look back, and I see how far we have come, I am so grateful that I made the decision to marry him. There is no one I would rather struggle with. We are passionate about each other, sometimes we are passionate in the way we fight, but we are also passionate in the way we love each other. Chuck is everything to me and I know he feels the same way about me. I am so glad that we have put in the work and the effort to learn how to better communicate and love one another. I am so glad that we are both willing to constantly work on things. I love him so much and am so grateful for our relationship and our eternal marriage.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Wow! 6 years...we are coming up on 3 at the end of the month! You've been married twice as long as us! We love you guys...you are such a great match ;)

jakeandstephanietaylor said...

Happy Anniversary you two! I love that you are honest and just admit that life isnt perfect! Were right behind you, comin up on 6 yrs too!!! Its crazy and so wonderful:)